Wall Line Count and Top Layers
Q: How does the wall line count/top layers affect my print?
A: If your wall line count/top layers is too low, your part may not be strong enough and sometimes the infill pattern shows up on the outside and outer walls will not be smooth.
- Wall thickness is low
- The part was flimsy and had poor surface quality.
- Outside perimeters/Wall line count settings were inaccurate.
- Increase the wall line count to match the required wall thickness
- Infill percentage was increased to make the part more sturdy
- The wall line count can be increased even more if you want a sturdier print. But you must keep in mind that it will increase your print time and filament consumption.
- When you increase your wall line count, some thin areas on the part might have overlapping walls. To avoid this, Ultimaker Cura has a feature where we can compensate for wall overlaps which avoids over-extrusion.
A similar phenomenon occurs when you don’t have enough top layers on the model.