Top 5 Winners from #AMUG2017 Chess Tournament
From an exceptional line-up of keynote speakers, to amazing innovations, the conference was the prime spot to get the most exclusive information on everything Additive Manufacturing (AM).
3D Platform (3DP) took part in three presentations:
- Ofer Shochet, Ph.D., Board of Directors Member at Velo3D won the grand prize Ultimaker 2+ printer.
- -Ing. Rajan Hollmann from BASF came in second and won a Dremel Pro toolkit for post finishing processes.
- Kristian Olivero, or as he like to be called, Darth Vader, finished 3rd and won a classic chess set.
- Mike Robinson ended the tournament in 4th place winning a classic chess set.
- Industrial engineering student from the University of Louisville, Venkata K. Nadimpalli closed the night with a 5th place finish and won a custom 3D printed king chess piece from 3DP.
Other highlights from the show include:
- Jason Lopes from Legacy Effects announced his move to CIDEAS.
- AMUG announce 2017 recipients of student and teacher scholarships.
- The Museum of Science and Industry was the secret location for Tuesday night awards banquet.
- Stacey DelVecchio, AM Prod Mgr at Caterpillar, discussed AM innovation at the company.