Joe’s Corner #9 – Machine Visualization in Simplify3D
This week I thought I would share something fun for all of you Simplify3D users out there.
As you know, Simplify3D gives us a decent representation of the pre and post sliced parts. It even shows
the bed dimensions for reference. Generally, this is what you would normally see:
So, it’s pretty basic… even a bit boring.
If you want to take your visualization game to the next level, we can make it look like THIS!
That’s pretty cool.
This won’t make you any better at 3D printing, but you will look better doing it.
This is a very simple mod. All you need to do is follow these easy steps.
- Download the 3D Platform WorkBench STL file from here: Dual-Extrusion-Print-3
- Save the file to a location on your computer.
- Start Simplify 3D and click on the TOOLS option in the menu bar
- Next click on OPTIONS and select the MACHINE tab
- At the bottom of the tab click on ADD and browse to the STL you downloaded
It should look like this, and you can adjust the color of the machine to your liking.
P.S. We are exhibiting at the IMTS show in Chicago McCormick Place September 12-17, 2016. I will be at our booth W-10 in west hall, if you are visiting the show this year, stop by our booth and check out some of our latest developments there. I look forward meeting you there.
Until next time…